WWE Monday Night Raw comes waltzing back into our lives tonight (July 17, 2017) from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee, featuring all the latest build to the upcoming SummerSlam pay-per-view (PPV) next month in Brooklyn.
Advertised for tonight:
- Dean Ambrose to kick off Raw
- Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe to determine who challenges Brock Lesnar for the Universal title
- Kurt Angle’s secret is revealed
- The Hardy Boyz gain new enemies
- Will Bayley continue to gain momentum?
- Big Cass has a big problem with Big Show and more!
Click here : For WWE Battleground 2017 Predictions , Start time, Match card, previews
WWE Raw results, July 17, 2017
Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE Raw results for July 17, 2017. This week’s episode featured Kurt Angle’s big announcement, a new No. 1 contender for the Universal Championship being named, and Finn Bálor’s head accidentally being split open.
Be back here tomorrow for the full Best and Worst of Raw column.
— The show opened with Dean Ambrose headed to the ring with a steel chair. He demanded the Miz and his Miztourage come out and fight him. Instead, Seth Rollins came out and told him he also wanted to fight the Miz, asking Ambrose if he would stand in his way or stand by my side. The pair then re-lived the breakup of the Shield and their ensuing multi-year feud. Rollins apologized for his betrayal, even offering to let Ambrose to hit him with a steel chair, but Ambrose would not accept his apology. Then the Miz came out with the Miztourage, who attacked Rollins and Ambrose with steel chairs.
1. Bayley defeated Alexa Bliss. Early in the match, Nia Jax came down to ringside. Later, Sasha Banks came down and fought with Jax on the outside. Bayley used that distraction to hit Bliss with a Bayley To Belly for the victory.
— Corey Graves once again left the broadcast booth to visit with Kurt Angle backstage. He encouraged Angle to go out to the ring and tell his truth to the WWE Universe.
— Titus O’Neil called a meeting with his Titus Worldwide clients, Akira Tozawa and Apollo Crews. It was interrupted by Ariya Daivari, who challenged Tozawa to a rematch.
2. Jack Gallagher and Mustafa Ali defeated Drew Gulak and The Brian Kendrick. Ali scored the pinfall on the Brian Kendrick following his inverted 450 splash.
— Enzo Amore came out to the ring. He said even though Big Cass was seven feet tall, he wasn’t able to win them any championships. Amore said Big Cass bounced a proverbial check when he got beaten up by the Big Show last week. Before Amore could call him sawft, Big Cass came out, blamed Corey Graves for he and Enzo breaking up, then challenged Enzo to a fight. Instead, Amore went into the crowd and took a seat as the Big Show came out for a match against Cass. Before the match could start, the two brawled on the outside of the ring. Eventually, Amore tried to get involved and received a big boot to the face for his troubles.
— Backstage, Roman Reigns was interviewed by Charly Caruso. He said Joe’s wins over him are in the past, and that he is going to beat him tonight to earn the right to face Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam.
— In the locker room, Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins recovered from their beatdown from the Miztourage. They were interrupted by Kurt Angle, who made a 2-on-3 handicap match between them and the Miztourage.
3. Finn Bálor defeated Elias Samson. Before the match, Elias Samson played a song about how much he didn’t like Nashville. During the match, Samson smashed his guitar over Bálor’s head, getting himself disqualified and cutting Bálor’s head open in the process.
— Afterward, Bray Wyatt popped up on the Titantron to tell Bálor he was coming for him.
— Backstage, Bayley and Sasha Banks asked Kurt Angle who would get to face Alexa Bliss at SummerSlam. He put the two in a No. 1 Contenders match for next week’s Raw.
— Charly Caruso asked the Revival why they attacked the Hardy Boyz. They said because they have been doing a lot of flips lately, and that they don’t like flips.
4. Ariya Daivari defeated Akira Tozawa. Daivari won the match due a referee stoppage asked for by Titus O’Neil.
— Kurt Angle came to the ring to make his big announcement. He said when he was in college, he dated a woman and accidentally impregnated her. Without him knowing, she gave birth to a baby boy, who was adopted and then grew up to be WWE Superstar Jason Jordan, who Angle then announced as the newest member of the Raw roster. Jordan came to the ring and the two embraced.
5. The Revival defeated the Hardy Boyz. Jeff Hardy got a near-fall following a Twist Of Fate but ended up being knocked off the top rope by Dash Wilder and pinned by Scott Dawson.
— Charly Caruso interviewed Samoa Joe backstage. Joe said he had zero qualms about stepping into the ring with Roman Reigns tonight.
— Back in the locker room, Titus O’Neil told Akira Tozawa he forfeited the match on his behalf because he knew he was too tough to quit himself, and he was thinking about Tozawa’s potential as the next Cruiserweight Champion. Tozawa demanded a rematch with Ariya Daivari on 205 Live tomorrow.
6. Roman Reigns versus Samoa Joe ended in a No Contest. Samoa Joe remained in control for much of this match, keeping Roman Reigns in a chinlock for a number of minutes. Later, Roman rallied, dropping Joe with a clothesline on the outside. Eventually, Braun Strowman came out with a large bandage on his right arm and began fighting with Reigns and Joe, initially beating down both men. Joe locked in the Coquina Clutch on Strowman from the top turnbuckle, who was then hit with a Superman Punch by Reigns, bringing him to his knees. Strowman landed a spinebuster on Reigns and powerslammed each man, leaving the ring on his own accord as a team of security guards helplessly watched.
LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW!
For More WWE Raw results ,Latest News press Bookmark us ( Ctrl + D).
Go to WWENetwork you can watch every WWE Battleground live , WWE Summerslam 2017 and every Raw and Smackdown Live , original programming, WWE’s on demand library and much more, free only for New Users. Start your Free Month and get Exclusive WWE Network Videos, Live Events.
Thanks for Sharing time with us.! Now it’s your turn to
Share This Post To Your Social Accounts.