WWE Raw results, live blog (May 8, 2017): Tag team turmoil in the UK
WWE Monday Night Raw comes waltzing back into our lives tonight (May 8, 2017) from the O2 Arena in London, featuring all the latest build to the upcoming Extreme Rules pay-per-view (PPV) scheduled for early next month in Baltimore, Maryland.
Advertised for tonight: The Miz gets the red carpet treatment as the top contender to the Intercontinental title, Tag Team Turmoil to determine the top contenders in that division, and more!
Come right back here at 8 p.m. ET when the Raw live blog kicks off once the show starts on USA. It will be below this line here.
WWE RAW RESULTS AND LIVE BLOG FOR MAY 8
Dean Ambrose kicks off Monday Night RAW
— Dean Ambrose attempted to open the show with a promo, but was interrupted by The Miz and Maryse. Ambrose and The Miz will be co-general managers of Raw for the evening, as Kurt Angle is not in attendance. Braun Strowman came out with his arm in a sling, and Miz and Ambrose announced that Braun would face Kalisto with one arm tied behind his back later tonight.
1. Finn Bálor defeated The Miz. The Miz tried to use his GM status to disqualify Bálor, but Ambrose restarted the match and banned Maryse from ringside. Bálor won by pinfall after hitting the Coup de Grace.
2. Alex Bliss defeated Mickie James. This was a non-title match. Bliss won after a distraction from Nia Jax. Bayley came out and fought Bliss to the back, while Jax attacked James in the ring.
— Samoa Joe was backstage giving an interview when he was attacked by Seth Rollins. The two brawled backstage until the fight was broken up by officials.
— Strowman refuses to fight Kalisto in the one-armed match, but the referee calls for the bell anyway. Strowman starts beating down Kalisto, but Roman Reigns comes out. Reigns attacks Strowman’s injured arm and runs him off.
3. Sheamus and Cesaro win Tag Team Turmoil. This was to determine No. 1 contenders for the Raw Tag Team Championship. Sheamus and Cesaro eliminated every team in the match. Enzo Amore and Big Cass were eliminated first as Enzo tapped out to a Sharpshooter, then Heath Slater and Rhyno were eliminated by pinfall after a Brogue Kick to Slater. The Club was eliminated via pinfall after another Brogue Kick to Gallows, and finally Golden Truth was eliminated via roll-up after R-Truth missed a splash. The Hardys came out for a staredown with Sheamus and Cesaro after the match.
4. Seth Rollins defeated Samoa Joe. Rollins won by disqualification after Joe disobeyed the referee and rammed Seth into an exposed turnbuckle. Joe choked out Rollins after the match with the Coquina Clutch.
— Kurt Angle remotely made Miz vs. Dean Ambrose for the Intercontinental Championship official for next week.
5. TJP defeated Jack Gallagher. Neville was on commentary for this match. TJP got a rollup and a handful of tights to win by pinfall. After the match, he put Gallagher in a knee bar and refused to let go until Austin Aries made the save.
6. Sasha Banks defeated Alicia Fox. Banks pinned Fox after double knees from the top rope. Replays showed Fox’s shoulder was up before the three-count.
7. Bray Wyatt defeated Dean Ambrose. This was a non-title match. Miz came to ringside and posed with the Intercontinental Championship. Ambrose hit Miz with a suicide dive, the Miz laid out Ambrose with the belt and rolled him back in the ring. Wyatt hit the Sister Abigail and pinned Ambrose.
— After the match, Miz attacked Dean and promised to win the belt next week.
->@ Click Refreshing The Page To Catch Up Live Raw Results. for More WWE Latest News press Bookmark us ( Ctrl + D).
Check back for more on WrestleTag
You Can Watch WWE Raw / Smackdown Live Streaming on Mondays and Tuesdays for free only New Users. Start your Free Month and get Exclusive WWE Network Videos, Live Events.
Click Refreshing The Page To Catch Up Live Raw Results. for More WWE Latest News press Bookmark us ( Ctrl + D).
Thanks for Sharing time with us.! Now it’s your turn to Share This Post To Your Social Accounts.
Also see :